- Maximum Term Full Time OR Part Time
- Work 3, 4 or 5 days a week (Monday to Friday), depending on what suits your study needs
- Appointment will be for the duration of your undergraduate studies.
- $32.06 per hour + super (up to 12%)
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 1 of the MBRC EBA4 Certified Agreement
- Location: Petrie *please note, these positions will be moving to a Narangba location later in 2023*
About our opportunity
We are seeking 2 friendly, reliable and motivated University Students to work in our Assets and Systems team!
Our Assets and Systems team are working on optimising and developing innovative technology solutions for Council's operational maintenance to work more efficiently.
Working within this team you will gain some great experience in the area of your studies as you assist with optimising and developing corporate systems to support process review and support change recommendations. You will maintain systems and documents while also undertaking database anaylsis, data processing, data reporting, building spreadsheets and dashboards.This position will have you working with GIS mapping, contributing to and supporting the development of procedural documentation, liaising with a number of internal stakeholders across a range of teams and supporting operational staff with software system use.
Your enthusiasm and drive will be paired with exceptional interpersonal skills as we strive to provide a great experience for all of our internal and external stakeholders we interact with.
You will be currently enrolled in relevant university studies and be available to work a minimum of 3 days per week (Monday to Friday).
Relevant studies will ideally have a technology focus with degrees such as Computer Engineering, Machine Learning, Software Engineering and Database Systems Engineering being preferential for these positions. Other degrees appropriate to the above mentioned tasks are encouraged to apply.
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.