- Permanent Term Full Time
- $103,894pa+ super (up to 12%) + leave loading
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 7 of the MBRC EBA4 Certified Agreement
- 9-day fortnight
- 72.5-hour fortnight
- Location: Based at Strathpine, travel may be required to other council offices and sites throughout the Moreton Bay Region
Plumbing Services are part of our Development Services team, which is committed to shaping a better Moreton Bay by assessing and managing the effects of development on the community and environment, working in partnership with the development industry to design and construct infrastructure for the community as well as levying and recovering infrastructure charges to fund new and upgraded major community infrastructure.
With that commitment, we focus on delivering on our corporate values of Service, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect and Sustainability, and we are seeking people who resonate with these values.
Qualifications equivalent to those that would achieve a Queensland Plumbers and Drainers licence and experience and excellent working knowledge of the Queensland plumbing and drainage legislation are essential to support the functions undertaken by Council’s Plumbing Services Team.
The primary purpose of these functions is to regulate the carrying out of plumbing and drainage work to reduce risks to public health, safety, and the environment. This is achieved primarily by ensuring all plumbing and drainage work, other than unregulated work, is carried out by qualified persons and ensuring that plumbing or drainage work is carried out and maintained in compliance with the code requirements for the work.
About our opportunity
As our Team Leader, you will lead and manage a team of officers to support the functions of the Plumbing Services Team. You will be called upon to undertake duties to support the assessment and approval of plumbing applications and the resolution of customer complaints.
You will provide technical advice to your team, and assist all stakeholders with enquiries relating to plumbing, drainage, stormwater, and sewerage treatment facility matters.
You will be called upon to assess and inspect plumbing and drainage work and ensure that all commercial and domestic applications comply with current legislative requirements, Council’s policies, and local laws.
You will ensure that on-site sewerage treatment facilities are installed, operated, and maintained in accordance with current legislative requirements, council policies, and local laws.
We are looking for highly skilled Leaders with excellent interpersonal skills to liaise with various stakeholders internally and externally. You will have excellent time management skills and be focused on seeking the best outcomes for MBRC and our valued customers.
You must have demonstrated experience in leading teams to achieve effective outcomes, which include compliance with the design, installation, and maintenance of commercial/industrial, multi-residential, and domestic plumbing systems and on-site sewerage treatment facilities.
In addition to holding qualifications equivalent to those that would achieve a Queensland Plumbers and Drainers licence, you will need a current Queensland driver’s licence and a Construction Induction Card (White Card).
Position Description_Team Leader Plumbing Services.pdf
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2,000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training And Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
- Access to external industry-related resources through corporate memberships
- Our Strathpine office has local parking on-site and is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.