- Maximum Term Full Time OR Part Time
- Work 3, 4 or 5 days a week (Monday to Friday), depending on what suits your study needs
- Appointment will be for the duration of your undergraduate studies.
- $33.51 per hour + super (up to 12%)
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 1 of the EBA5 Certified Agreement
- Location: North Lakes
About our opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for friendly, reliable and motivated University Student to work in our Digital Solutions and Communications (DISCO) team!
The DISCO team forms part of our Cultural Services Department, which aims to provide engaging leisure and learning experiences by connecting people to resources and each other through Council’s art galleries, museums, libraries and cultural activation activities. We strive for excellence when delivering exhibitions, information, collections, programs and spaces for our community and visitors.
Working alongside professionals in this field, you will support the delivery of digital solutions and communications across platforms and multiple channels.
Your enthusiasm and drive will be paired with exceptional customer service skills as we strive to provide a great experience for all of our stakeholders we interact with.
You will be currently enrolled in relevant university studies and be available to work a minimum of 3 days per week (Monday to Friday).
Relevant studies will ideally have a Cultural focus, this may include but is not limited to
- Bachelor of Arts
- Bachelor of Creative Industries
- Bachelor of Science
- Bachelor of Information Studies
- Bachelor of Fine Arts or similar
Council embraces the different skills and varied views and experiences of our culturally and linguistically diverse communities and strongly encourage First Nations candidates to apply.
Click here to view the position description.
Why join the City of Moreton Bay Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.
*Applications will close midnight, Tuesday 26 September 2023.