- Maximum Term Part Time
- Work 3 days a week (Monday to Friday), depending on what suits your study needs
- Appointment will be till June 2024
- $33.51 per hour + super (up to 12%)
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 1 of the MBRC EBA5
- Location: Caboolture
About our opportunity
If you’re a student currently studying sustainability, climate change or environmental management or a related field with the ambition and drive to help Australia’s third largest Council be more sustainable and reduce its greenhouse gas emissions - then this opportunity is for you.
Our Council has set a new aspirational vision for how we want our region to look and feel 20 years from now - Our Moreton Bay. Amazing Places. Natural Spaces. This vision is underpinned by our goal to be renowned for healthy natural and built environments that enhance our identity, support biodiversity and our sustainable lifestyles.
The Environment and Sustainability Policy and Planning Department sits within the Planning Directorate and takes a lead role in developing the strategic environmental and sustainability policies, projects and plans to deliver healthy environments and sustainable outcomes.
The Department is focused on meeting legislative requirements, community aspirations and Council’s priorities. Its functions are across three branches including Sustainability Planning, Natural Hazards Planning and Biodiversity Planning. Right now, we are looking for a Student Planner - Sustainability to join the team.
As our Student Planner - Sustainability, you will provide technical assistance to help the Sustainability Planning team deliver on its sustainability, climate and energy management plans, projects and programs in accordance with legislative, policy and business requirements.
Specifically, you will:
- Conduct research and analysis and contribute to the preparation of plans, policies, reports, and associated documents for a range of sustainability and climate projects
- Assist with the preparation of Council’s greenhouse gas emissions inventory
We are seeking someone with knowledge and/or and experience in either environment or climate science, sustainability or environmental planning including relevant qualifications within those fields or similar.
You will also have:
- Good research and analysis skills to prepare technical reports and documentation.
- Well-developed time management skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities and meet deadlines.
- Well-developed communication skills with an ability to communicate technical concepts and matters in a simple and concise manner.
- Ability to contribute to a positive team environment in order to achieve a high performance, continuous improvement and customer focused culture.
Why join the City of Moreton Bay Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2,000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
- Our Caboolture office is in close proximity to public transport networks.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about the City of Moreton Bay and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.