The Moreton Bay Region is a diverse area, spanning more than 2000 square kilometres and boasting everything from rural townships to urban centres, coastal villages and thriving business precincts – We've Got It All.
Moreton Bay Regional Council employs more than 1700 staff dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 470,000 residents. With your skills, join council's team and help make a difference to one of South-East Queensland's fastest growing urban areas.
About the Opportunity:
Be a part of the new direction for economic development of the Moreton Bay Region and drive a Bigger, Bolder, Brighter future for the local residents over the next 20 years. As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing, Moreton Bay Region boasts a regional economy of $17 billion with our strategy set to grow this to $40 billion by 2041, with 16,000 new businesses and 100,000 new jobs.
Reporting to the Chief Economic Development Officer, the Head of Business Intelligence (internally known as Manager Business Intelligence) will provide leadership in the delivery of Council’s economic development agenda through evidence-based data as well as the provision of insights identifying industry issues, trends and opportunities.
As a key member of the Economic Development Leadership team, some responsibilities will include:
- Managing service level agreements in line with the Regional Economic Development Strategy (REDS) and provide oversight to sponsorship contracts and commitments, ensuring appropriate governance, reporting and return on investment
- Leading the integration of disparate data sources to generate unique insights to support local government funding advocacy and submissions and develop actionable insights, reports and proposals to communicate to stakeholders in a precise and compelling manner
- Maintaining a deep understanding of the local business environment and impacts of global, national and local data, trends and conditions and formulate relevant programs to assist industry and support the REDS actions
Bringing previous demonstrated leadership experience, you will be able to develop robust business intelligence capability from diverse and complex internal and external data. You will be inquisitive, with highly developed analytical, creative thinking and problem-solving skills which will allow you to interpret data that supports business insights to convey valuable key messages. Your love for data insights will ensure you promote data culture, literacy and analytics across the organisation in a fun and easy to understand manner.
Your superior interpersonal skills will enable you to work effectively, maintain meaningful professional relationships and develop a strong network of contacts with stakeholders both internally and externally.
In additional, you will bring:
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to the position (such as economics, business systems, management or data science) and/or extensive operational experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage projects and program delivery
- High level communication skills including the ability to prepare and present business intelligence solutions and reports to stakeholders
- Highly developed ability to seek, analyse and evaluate customer needs and integrate them into the delivery of successful outcomes
Please note, occasional interstate travel and work outside normal hours will be required.
Term: Up to 4 years
Package: Salary from $169,000 (negotiable) per annum total package including super and benefits
- Generous employer funded superannuation benefits (up to 12%)
- Five weeks paid annual leave per year
- Council’s office locations have local parking on-site and are in close proximity to public transport networks
Please note that whilst the current work location for this position is specified above, staff may be required to transfer to any of council's work locations with notice. Council currently has administration offices located at Caboolture, Strathpine and Redcliffe as well as depots, libraries and a range of other facilities located throughout the region.
How To Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload a copy of your current resume and a cover letter (maximum 1 page).
Click here to view Role Description
We will be hosting an informative webinar on Thursday 22nd October 2020, to register your interest visit: www.mbrc.qld.gov.au/ed-webinar
To review our Draft Regional Economic Development Strategy visit: https://www.moretonbay.qld.gov.au/Services/Projects/Regional-Economic-Development-Strategy
To obtain any further details please contact council's Careers team at email@example.com