Job Details - People and Culture Business Partner
Finance & Corp Services
Permanent Full Time
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1800 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
About our opportunity
As part of our People Experience team, the People & Culture Business Partner will partner with leaders and team members across the Council and provide leaders with proactive and responsive coaching and advice on all people matters, including the interpretation and application of policies, processes and procedures.
As a People & Culture Business Partner and member of the People Experience team you will:
- Contribute to the development and drive the delivery of the People, Culture and Safety Strategy and partner with the department leaders to implement initiatives aligned to the strategic objectives
- Develop an effective business partnership with key stakeholders and partner with department leaders to understand their business requirements, identify trends, develop solutions and strategies to meet their long-term operational requirements
- Provide high level human resource advice and information to leaders in relation to industrial relations, performance management, and other related matters
- Lead workplace investigations and performance management processes to resolve complex matters
- Coach and provide expert advice to leaders on people and culture initiatives to build effective leadership capability within the client function.
- Contribute to the development and review of, and maintain knowledge of contemporary human resource policies, practices and procedures.
You’ll be naturally curious, confident in building strong relationships and delivering pragmatic people solutions, with an appreciation that nothing is black and white. Your strengths will be in your passion for the end to end people experience and creating a constructive environment with a strong focus on partnerships and customer service. We’re looking for someone driven by upholding and role modelling our Values. Additionally you will have:
- Strong HR generalist experience, advising on ER/IR matters including the interpretation and application of Enterprise Agreements and Awards.
- Demonstrated analytical, research and problem solving skills, including the ability to summarise complex issues, identify trends and emergent issues and develop recommendations and options for their resolution.
- Demonstrated experience handling complex workforce matters and investigations independently.
- High level of business acumen and deep understanding of core drivers of business.
Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 6 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
Location: We are recruiting for 2 positions in our Business Partnering team, the team work across all of the venues in the Moreton Bay Region.
- If full time: From 01 July - $91,009 pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
- 72.5 hour fortnight
- 9 day fortnight
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
Click here for position description
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the application process.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend