Moreton Bay Regional Council has more than 180km of coastline, adored by our residents and region visitors alike. Our coastal landscape is the dynamic backdrop to life in and around our foreshores, canals and waterways. Whether it’s our beaches, canal, or the many coastal settlements along our foreshores, estuaries and in Pumicestone Passage, people continue to choose the Moreton Bay Region as a place to live, work and visit.
Our coast is highly varied and includes sandy beaches, rocky foreshores, mangrove forests, and intertidal marshes. Like many coastal areas in Australia, the Moreton Bay region must carefully manage access to these coastal areas, implement coastal erosion protection for vulnerable coastal areas, and plan for the projected impacts of climate change. Within this setting, the Senior Engineer Coastal Infrastructure is a key member of our Coastal Infrastructure team responsible for the planning, renewal and upgrade of Moreton Bay Region’s coastal assets including seawalls, canals, beaches, jetties and boat ramps.
About the Opportunity:
As our Senior Engineer Coastal Infrastructure, you will provide specialist technical engineering advice to key stakeholders in the planning and design of coastal infrastructure and coastal management activities to drive integrated and sustainable outcomes.
You will engage with internal and external stakeholders to ensure coastal infrastructure and service delivery outcomes are achieved. It's important in this senior role that you contribute to a positive team environment in order to achieve a high performance, continuous improvement and customer focused culture.
In addition, you’ll:
- investigate coastal management problems and prepare and present technical reports and recommendations to ensure project outcomes are met
- undertake design studies to support infrastructure projects and long-term strategic planning and growth (including management of specialist consultants)
- support the planning and delivery of coastal infrastructure and coastal management projects, including completing concept designs, preparation of cost estimates, and the acquisition of necessary approvals to ensure project outcomes are achieved.
We are seeking someone who has considerable knowledge and experience in coastal infrastructure planning and management and experience completing specialist investigations relating to coastal management.
You will have the practiced ability to apply critical thinking, reasoning, evaluation and decision-making skills. You will be a clear communicator with skills to meet the needs of a range of internal and external stakeholders.
Our Coastal Infrastructure team is dynamic, collaborative and driven to achieve high quality results for our community. We are focused on delivering on our corporate values of Service, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect and Sustainability - we are seeking people who resonate with these values.
You will hold a Degree in Coastal Engineering, Civil Engineering or equivalent.
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Free onsite parking.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resumé or curriculum vitæ
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Role Descriptions - Senior Engineer Coastal Infrastructure.pdf
To obtain further details please contact our Recruitment Team email@example.com
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what’s happening in our region, follow us on Linked In - Moreton Bay Regional Council Linked In