As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2,000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Sport and Recreation
This role sits within our Sport and Recreation Branch which aims to collaborate with the community to develop sustainable organisations, facilities and services, that support healthy and active lifestyles for residents and visitors to the Moreton Bay Region.
About our opportunity
We have a new and exciting opportunity for a Sport and Recreation Development Officer to join our Sport and Recreation Branch at Strathpine!
In this role you will champion the development and delivery of community sport and recreation services to an extensive and complex network of organisations across our diverse region. Ultimately, this will be achieved through the engagement and support of a range of stakeholders such as government bodies and industry networks to identify community sport and recreation outcomes at a local, district and regional level. Providing specialist advice and support to customers and organisations will also be a key element of this role to ensure governance, sustainability and quality customer service that responds to sport and recreation issues and needs.
Reporting to the Sport and Recreation Team Leader, this role will also contribute to the development of plans and detailed design for community sport and recreation infrastructure and be responsible for projecting and promoting facility use and development.
We are looking to leverage your well-developed knowledge and experience delivering a range of best practice and industry standard sport and recreation outcomes. You will be well versed and confident identifying and scoping community sport and recreation needs and building strong and quality relationships.
You will be an effective communicator who holds significant interpersonal and communications skills, enabling you to converse with a range of internal and external stakeholders. You will also enjoy working as part of a team and be willing to contribute to a positive work environment. In addition, a tertiary qualification in social sciences or sports management will be required to strengthen your skillset and ability to identify, contribute and respond to community services sport and recreation initiatives and requirements.
Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 5, Schedule 2 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
- $87,291pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
- 9 day fortnight
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our mates and construction program.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
Please refer to the Sport and Recreation Development Officer Position Description for further information.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.