Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 3 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
- $73,560 pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
- 72.5 hour fortnight
- Flexible, hybrid WFH working environment.
About our opportunity
We are seeking an organised, administrative professional with a keen interest in Community Engagement to join our team! Provide key support as we strive to develop creative strategies for how we engage with our community.
As one of our Community Engagement Officer's, you will have opportunity contribute to the delivery of a full and fast paced program of community consultations. This role is the perfect opening for an emerging Community Engagement practitioner, and will pave the path for your career as you’ll receive guidance and development from the senior leaders of the team.
In addition, you’ll:
- Assist in the facilitation of frontline stakeholder engagement and consultation activities to support the engagement program.
- Assist in producing high quality written materials in both traditional and digital mediums in support of the engagement program.
- Build and sustain positive and productive working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Provide high-level administrative support, including the organisation of a program of community consultations and the collection and maintenance of community related data.
We are seeking for an organised, administrative professional, with a keen interest in community engagement... sound like you?
As a natural communicator and relationship builder, you will have a knack for crafting and delivering well executed written and verbal material. A stickler for detail and organisation, you’ll have an authentic ability to engage constructively with stakeholders and build relationships fast.
You will be well versed in adapting to systems and digital mediums, and will have developed great time management skills. Motivated by working in fast passed, customer focused environments, you'll also be experienced in:
- Developing key messages and collateral.
- Producing high quality written materials - both traditional and digital.
- Possess excellent presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, to engage constructively with key stakeholders.
Given the nature of the work, you will need to be able and willing to work occasionally outside normal working hours, including weekends as required.
Click here for Position Description
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our mates and construction program.
- Our Strathpine office has local parking on-site and is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.