- Permanent Full Time
- $119,390 pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A,) - Level 8 of EBA5
- 9 day fortnight
- 72.5 hour fortnight
- Hybrid, flexible working environment, including some work from home days.
- Location: Strathpine
Our Building and Facilities Planning Department works in partnership with all Divisions of Council with a focus on long and medium term planning services for Council Owned and Operated, Corporate, Commercial and Community Leased buildings portfolio of assets.
We achieve this through provision of mix use of internal and external resources. The department provides internal engineering and technical advice and approvals, life cycle assessments, search, trial and business cases for implementing of energy efficiency and other building management technologies, development and implementation of strategic, master and tactical planning services and policy, standards and guidelines making for Council's buildings and facilities consistent with Council's corporate strategic vision, policies and strategies.
We are also responsible for procuring, contracting and providing contractor and consultant management for planning related operational projects.
About our opportunity
This is a brand new role to the team so you have the opportunity to take real ownership of it.
As our Buildings and Facilities Design Coordinator, you will provide collaborative leadership and expert design services and advice to support the delivery of architectural and design strategies for council`s buildings and facilities projects. The role will lead the integration of sustainability and environmental initiatives through the built environment using industry leading technology and innovation initiatives.
The position will work with council`s departments, managing and shaping the delivery of architectural advice and design integration into council decision making. You will build high level relationships with internal and external stakeholders including engagement with elected members and diverse community stakeholders to ensure agreed service standards and delivery outcomes are achieved.
We are seeking someone with experience providing strategic leadership across a range of circumstances in policy, practice, education, and research, drawing upon innovative and cohesive architectural building design, precinct and urban planning and other design practices locally and nationally.
You will have knowledge and hands-on experience in Building Information Modelling (BIM), 3D Revit, AutoCAD and other relevant architectural software programmes, Virtual Reality (VR), Photoshop and Luminar and other user interfaces.
This role is a leadrship role - you will have high level interpersonal, persuasive and negotiation skills and demonstrated commitment to building and maintaining close professional relationships with a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
You will have a Degree in architecture, urban design and/or other relevant discipline or equivalent experience. You will have or be willing to obtain a general Induction Licence (White Card). Professional body membership or accreditation is highly regarded.
Our team are passionate about achieving high quality results for our community. We are focused on delivering on our corporate values of Service, Teamwork, Integrity, Respect and Sustainability - we are seeking people who have an alignment with these values and this important work.
Role Description - Buildings and Facilities Design Coordinator.pdf
Why join the City of Moreton Bay Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training And Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
- Our Strathpine office has local parking on-site and is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
For more information about the City of Moreton Bay and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.