Job Details - University Student - Transport Infrastructure team!
Engineering and Project management, Engineering, University Student Program
- Maximum Term Full Time OR Part Time
- Work 3, 4 or 5 days a week (Monday to Friday), depending on what suits your study needs
- Appointment will be for the duration of your undergraduate studies.
- $31.55 per hour + super (up to 12%)
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 1 of EBA5
- Location: Strathpine
About our opportunity
We are seeking a friendly, reliable and motivated University Student to work in our Transport Network Management department in our Transport Infrastructure team!
Working alongside professionals in the Transport Engineering and Planning field, you will gain some great knowledge in the area of your studies as you assist the team in working on projects that provide direct and tangible benefits to the community.
You’ll have the opportunity to support and assist in the undertaking of site investigations, development of concept plans for transport infrastructure, plan and manage capital works programs, respond to customer service requests, and prepare and present complex strategic and technical reports on road safety and transport issues.
Your enthusiasm and drive will be paired with exceptional customer service skills as we strive to provide a great experience for all our stakeholders we interact with. You will have good interpersonal skills and a good standard of written correspondence.
You will be currently enrolled in relevant university studies and be available to work a minimum of 3 days per week (Monday to Friday).
Relevant studies will ideally have an Engineering or Planning focus, and a genuine interest in traffic and transport will be beneficial.
Why join the City of Moreton Bay Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2,100 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
- Our Strathpine office has local parking on-site and is in close proximity to public transport networks.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at email@example.com.
For more information about the City of Moreton Bay and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend