Job Details - Principal Infrastructure Planner - Transport
Permanent Full Time
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1800 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today
We currently have an opportunity for a Principal Infrastructure -Transport to join the team. The Strategic Infrastructure Planning (SIP) department is charged with the responsibility to produce and manage long-term planning, infrastructure network strategies, infrastructure network plans and schedules to support the delivery of Council’s trunk and major infrastructure programs and Local Government Infrastructure Plan.
About the Opportunity:
As the Principal Infrastructure Planner - Transport you will lead the development and delivery of Council’s new Regional Integrated Transport Strategy, network planning and delivery programs for the roads, active and public transport networks . You will engage with a variety of stakeholders both internally and externally and have the skills to influence outcomes and negotiate solutions.
In addition, you’ll:
- lead the review and development of transport strategies covering all modes of transport
- under guidance of the Strategic Infrastructure Planning Coordinator, lead the integrated transport infrastructure network planning for the region including the development of the LGIP program- development of desired standards of service, project prioritisation and costings, extrinsic material reports and strategic advice having regard to relevant statutory, policy and financial provisions and Council direction
- support the development and administration of detailed infrastructure plans and infrastructure agreements for major developments and capture infrastructure project outcomes that contribute to achieving LGIP outcomes and other programs such as charge recovery and corridor preservation
- provide coordination between Council strategic transport modelling and demography teams to ensure Council’s transport demand modelling supports the effective delivery of long-term transport planning. Provide clear direction to the transport modelling team as to the transport modelling needs of the Strategic Infrastructure Planning team so it can respond in a timely and effective manner
- manage relationships with key internal stakeholders to optimise infrastructure network service outcomes within the broader Council operating context
- support and participate in engagement with the relevant state agencies to achieve alignment between Moreton Bay region and Queensland Government long term infrastructure planning and priorities
- implement continuous improvement through development and delivery of infrastructure policies, procedures and performance measures that support effective planning, design, investment and delivery decisions. Model a work environment that encourages teamwork, innovation and excellence and drives organisational change to enhance efficiency and service outcomes.
We are seeking a new team member with a degree in engineering, urban planning and/or another relevant field and the ability to deliver the specific responsibilities of this position. You will be a highly collaborative team player, ready to bring your expertise to our team and contribute to our local community.
You will have;
- the ability to prepare and present complex planning and management reports and submissions to Council, the development industry and the community, in a clear and concise manner
- highly developed time management skills to achieve proficiency and effectiveness in managing conflicting priorities and meeting deadlines
- excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and consultation skills
- the ability to work in a team environment communicating and motivating effectively at all levels of the organisation, contributing to a positive work environment with a strong focus on provision of quality customer service.
- Term: Permanent Full Time
- Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) Level 8 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
- Location: Strathpine
- Package: $110,383 + super + leave loading
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Free onsite parking.
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role. Applicants will need to attach the following documents:
- A current resume
- A covering letter or expression of interest (maximum 2 pages) which details your suitability for the role.
Principal Planner - Integrated Transport Planning PD.pdf
Further Information - To obtain further details please contact our Recruitment Team firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close: 11:55pm Sunday 17 October 2021
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend