As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 1900 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 469,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Development Services is shaping a better Moreton Bay by assessing and managing the effects of development on the community and environment of Moreton Bay, working in partnership with the development industry to design and construct infrastructure for the community as well as levying and recovering infrastructure charges to fund new and upgraded major community infrastructure.
About our opportunity
As a Technical Support Officer you will provide a key source for technical support relating to the assessment of development applications and land use development matters.
You will support the approval process including levying and recovery of the cost of infrastructure, and prepare high quality technical reports, procedures and correspondence.
As our next team member, you will be focused on contributing to a positive team environment and achieving a high performance, continuous improvement and customer focused culture.
We are seeking a proactive person keen to take that next step in their career and take on a more technical focus.
You will have a working knowledge of the principles and practices relating to urban design and placemaking and be experienced in the delivery of planning assessment and compliance services.
You will be a natural communicator with the ability to influence key stakeholders to support the negotiation of infrastructure and other commercial agreements. Your attention to detail coupled with the ability to apply relevant planning and development legislation and policy will quickly become a valuable member of our team.
Term: Permanent Full Time
Award/Level: Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 3 of the Moreton Bay Regional Council EBA4 Certified Agreement
Location: Caboolture or Strathpine
- $71,073pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
- 72.5 hour fortnight
- 9 day fortnight
Why join the MBRC Team?
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training & Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Our Caboolture and Strathpine offices are in close proximity to easy parking and public transport networks.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
Click here for Position Description
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.