- Maximum Term until May 2026
- $87,291 pa + super (up to 12%) + leave loading
Qld Local Government Industry Award (Stream A) - Level 5 of the MBRC EBA4 Certified Agreement
9 day fortnight
- 72.5 hour fortnight
- Hybrid, flexible working environment, including some work from home days.
- Location: Strathpine
The Emergency Management and Public Safety Department aims to build a safer and more resilient community. The key actions to achieve these aims includes partnering with stakeholders to develop arrangements to prevent, prepare, respond and recover from emergencies and disasters.
Other core functions include the enhancement of public safety through reducing the risk of fire on council land, proactive community engagement and the management of close circuit television systems to support business operations, crime prevention and investigation.
The Department comprises four teams to manage these initiatives, these being; Disaster Management, Disaster Resilience and Recovery, Fire Management, and Public Safety.
About our opportunity
Our Disaster Resilience and Recovery officer delivers the planning and project activities supporting the delivery of Council's disaster management resilience and recovery program, focused on building safer and more resilient communities.
You'll be leading our disaster management volunteer program and the disaster management community engagement calendar for the Moreton Bay Region. You'll also be:
- Planning and delivering the disaster management resilience and recovery program of work
- Providing preparedness advice to the community, including delivering presentations to large, diverse audiences
- Researching and sourcing external funding
- Providing specialist advice to staff during operational activations, and participating in training and exercises
- Applying your knowledge of the Queensland Disaster Management Arrangements
- Building strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Contributing to a positive team environment
- This role requires the participation in council's "After Hours On-Call and Programmed Overtime Roster" service.
We're looking for someone with hands on experience working directly with the community and giving presentations to groups, experienced in delivering disaster resilience projects, and with knowledge of the the Queensland Disaster Management Arrangements and other relevant statutory requirements.
Bring your proven time management skills, ability to manage conflicting priorities and work under pressure in a disaster or emergency response environment.
Click here for the Position Description
Why join the MBRC Team?
As the third largest local government area in Australia and the fifth fastest growing region, the Moreton Bay Region boasts beautiful beaches and waterways, amazing manufacturing hubs and picturesque hinterland hamlets. Moreton Bay has a strong and connected community that enjoys all the traditional Jinibara, Kabi Kabi and Turrbal country has to offer within our region.
With a diverse workforce of more than 2000 team members dedicated to servicing the needs and enhancing the lifestyle of more than 479,000 residents, each team member has an intrinsic ability to impact our community. Whether you’re a manager or working on the frontline, your role will make a difference - bring your expertise and join our driven team today.
Aside from an opportunity to build a rewarding career within a diverse and growing organisation, we offer a range of team member benefits including:
- Discounted Health Insurance.
- Free flu vaccinations every year.
- Fitness Passport program offering discounted membership for you and your family to selected facilities.
- We are proud to offer opportunities to develop your career within a local government organisation and our team members are encouraged to undertake study for career development in their area of employment under our Study, Training And Research Scheme (STARS).
- Generous employer and employee super contribution scheme.
- Salary packaging options on novated leases, superannuation payments, smartphones and devices.
- We want you and your family to feel well supported when you need it most - as a team member you will have access our 24/7 confidential counselling service, leader support hotline, chaplaincy program and our Mates in Construction program.
- Our Strathpine office has local parking on-site and is in close proximity to public transport networks.
- Flexibility at MBRC depends on the type of work you do but could include options such as work from home, part time, 9-day fortnights and flexible days. Talk to us about what flexibility means to you!
How to Apply
Click on the 'Apply' button below to complete your online application. Please upload your current resume that demonstrates how you meet the requirements of this role.
Please note: applicants will be required to undergo a National Police History Check as part of the recruitment process for this role.
To obtain further details please contact our Careers team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Moreton Bay Regional Council and to stay across what's happening in our region, follow us on LinkedIn.